Monday, October 20, 2008

Shopping = good = anniversary gifts

I hit up DSW and Marshalls / Home Goods today. I had two $10 gift certificates for DSW so of course I had to spend them. I went in there looking for a really nice pair of brown riding boots but I didn't really see anything that I loved. So I decided to look around. I currently have these 1-1/2" - 2" heel boots from Payless that I bought like 3 years ago. I love them, but they've definitely seen better days. So I walked over to the shoe bootie section and came across this cute little ankle boots. I was sold.


Then I headed over to Marshalls / Home Goods. I found a really nice purse and some cute sweaters. I really need to start stocking up on fall clothes! I also found an ornament for the D&R Ornament Exchange over on The Nest.


The leather shoes and purse were my anniversary gift since we celebrate our 3rd tomorrow and that's the traditional gift. Yeah I buy my own stuff. It's just easier that way. If I waited for Jim to get me an anniversary gift I wouldn't have it until Christmas. Jim got a gift too - Simple shoes, in black. He loves them! I think the pair he has now he's owned for like 2-3 years. It was time for a new pair.
So yes - I bought my own anniversary gift and yes, I gave shoes to Jim for his present. Whatever...we're practical people. At least he made reservations for dinner for us for this Saturday!

4 comments:

Vintage Gal said...

love the sweater!

mrs.leah.maria said...

Seriously, those sweaters are adorable! Nice work on all of your finds, even though the ornaments still depress me.

Cindy said...

Nice blog.
Beautiful pictures.

Please visit:
http://bali-universe.blogspot.com

Keep blogging.

Good luck.

Megs said...

Oooh, I love those ankle boots!