Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy Anniversary To Us!

Well we made it...three years. Actually yesterday was our anniversary but I didn't have time to post anything yesterday.

****WARNING****WARNING****

MANY PICTURES TO FOLLOW

****WARNING****WARNING****

October 21, 2005 - it was a beautiful fall day. No rain in the forecast, high 60's / low 70's was the temperature, it was a perfect day. Me and my girls headed over to the salon around 10:00 a.m. We all had our hair done and I had my makeup done...

Then it was back to my parents house to get ready...
Now...about 8 months prior to the wedding my mother-in-law (MIL) offered to make me a purse for the wedding. I didn't really think it was necessary but she insisted. Fine, I agreed. So about 2:00 on the day of the wedding - we're ready to head to the church - I have my mom call my MIL to ask where the purse is so I could get some pictures with it. It isn't ready! It isn't ready? Okay, whatever...on to the church we go for more pre-ceremony pics...
...the girls preparing

So I told EVERYONE (well the families anyway) to be at the church no later than 3:00 so we could take some of the family pics before the 4:00 ceremony. So it's 3:15 - no inlaws, 3:30 - no inlaws, 3:45 - no inlaws, 4:00 - NO INLAWS! WTH?? I finally call them at like 4:10 and they're on their way. Uh, okay. My dad was all ready to start without them, but the moms pretty much started off the ceremony with the lighting of the candles so we had to wait. She finally shows up and I'm angry and nervous at the same time. (I didn't really get nervous all day until right before I had to walk down the aisle). So we finally got started at 4:20. And I guess a lot of people thought I had gotten cold feet. Um, no...we had been together for 7 years at that point, I wasn't just all of a sudden going to bail...

So the ceremony finishes and it's time for some more pics...

Then we went and took some more pictures at Jim's boss's house. He has a beautiful piece of land with a creek running in the back and an awesome red barn. We were so grateful that he let us use it as a backdrop for our pictures...




So then it was finally onto the reception!

Our DJ was awesome! We're BIG fans of hard rock / metal, so near the end of the reception when only the die hard friends & family were left, our DJ busted out some Kid Rock, Pantera, Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson, etc. It was fan-freakin'-tastic!!



Some details from the day...
Oh and in case you were wondering, I never got an apology from my MIL so I don't really know why she was late that day. I'm guessing it's because of the purse (which only made it into one random picture by the way) but I'll never really know. And I'm not big into chit-chatting with her, so you won't seeing me trying to find out about it that's for sure!
Here's the link to our wedding album as well. Enjoy!

2 comments:

leah @maritalbless said...

I can't believe your MIL!!! That is craziness and for people to subsequently think you got cold feet?! Gah.

I love your photos, your dress fit you like a beautiful lace clad expensive glove. And you can just see the love you have for each other in every picture. :)

Vintage Gal Marialena said...

Happy Anniversary! You had a great autumn wedding