Friday, December 19, 2008

Holiday Season Finally in Swing

I don't know what it is, but I just feel so behind in all the Christmas stuff this year. We FINALLY got our tree up last Sunday. We got a real tree...a Fraser Fir. It's so purty...



And I still have to do some Christmas shopping. I have to get something for my niece, for my friends' son, more stuff for Jim and a few other things for some other family members. And I'm not even too sure what I'm getting everyone yet...lol.

Last Saturday I made about 15 dozen cookies. I made Snickerdoodles, Spritz cookies, Chocolate Chip, Gingerbread and these Cranberry Orange cookies which didn't turn out at all. I don't know if the leavening agents were bad or what, but they weren't fluffy and delicious like the picture shows...they were flat and gross looking. They still tasted good though! I just didn't take any into my coworkers to share with them...lol.


Yesterday we had our work Christmas party which is always a good time. Drinks, friends, fun...and the First Annual Tacky Christmas Sweater Contest. Like it?

4 comments:

Meredith said...

We don't even have a tree up yet! I'm with you on feeling behind this year...

Rachel Agusti said...

Love the tree!! So pretty! And the cookies tasted yummy!

Vintage Gal said...

wow! your tree really glows and looks so magical!

mrs.leah.maria said...

I love the tree, but skipped right over the cookies lol! I can't look at them!